In December 2010, the independent brokerage agencies joined together to form the Oregon Support Services Association (OSSA). We work together to promote consistency, forward-thinking policy solutions, and united advocacy to serve adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities living in Oregon’s communities.
We envision a world in which all people live the life they choose in a community where they are valued, respected, and honored. In this world, individual strengths are celebrated; high quality supports are ample and readily available; labels are absent; and self determination is universal. This vision is realized from neighbor to legislator.
We promote, assure and protect the integrity of Support Services for Adults in Oregon by:
- Working collaboratively within the association
- Working cooperatively with our partners
- Sharing resources and best practices
- Engaging in strategic system development
- Listening and being responsive to the complex needs of our customers
- Empowering our customers, partners, and the community through education
- Listening and promoting self-advocacy
- Developing resources and new services